Programs and Activities
School camp programs are available at Tarooki through our own Beyond Limits Outdoor Education team and provide excellent outcomes for participants. Tarooki provides programs suitable for all year levels and are happy to tailor a specific program to meet your needs. Please contact us to have a package designed for you.
In teams, participants negotiate a series of challenging activities that require a high level of teamwork to be successful.
In teams, participants undertake a number of competitive beach activities designed to maximise teamwork and encourage physical participation - a great way to start a camp.
Kayaking *Year 6 and up*
Explore Robe's waterways in a save flat water environment, great way to introduce students to this water sport. Will encourage team work and cooperation.
Mountain Bikes *Year 6 and up*
Riders undertake a bike riding competency skills test followed by a challenging ride along one of the local bike tracks.
Participants are grouped together as they navigatethrough the bush setting around the inlet to discover the hidden secrets and bring them back to the team. Great team building activity.
In groups, participants nagivate their way through a series of challenging activities that require teamwork and initiative to achieve success.
Water Obstacle Course
Participants engage in a series of fun, yet mildly challenging obstacles. Success is dependant upon the group's level of teamwork, cooperation and encouragement and willingness to get wet and muddy.
This will test the group's ability to listen ans support one another as they build a series of bridges ove the water whilst staying dry.
Chinese Discovery Walk
Discover as you walk the trail of the many Chinese migrants that landed at Robe and the stories of their adventures to the gold fields in Victoria.
Alternatively, you may choose to visit other attractions in the region and use us as your base.
- Historic Robe - Offically proclaimed in 1847 and many of these early buildings are still in use .
- Customs House
- Lighthouse, Obelisk and Old Gaol
- Landing place of the Chinese headed for the Victorian gold fields in the mid 1800's.
- Rock Lobster fishing fleet
- Sealife centre
- Little Dip Conservation Park - and its rugged coastline. The outlet to the sea for Drain L bringing water from in land also provides another eco-system for students of all ages to study, and various water sources provide a varitey of teaching environments for geographical and ecology students.
- Movie Theatre
- Many Restaurants
- The Historic Cape Jaffa Lighthouse
- The Big Lobster
- Human sundial
- Cycling tracks
- Coorong National Park
- Mt Benson WIne Region
- Beachport, Historic Whaling town
- Beachport Jetty, one of the longest in South Australia
- Pool of Siloam
- Woakwine cutting
- Largest Wind Farm in the Southern Hemisphere
- The Famous Blue Lake
- Port MacDonnell
- The Lady Nelson Discovery Centre
- Mount Stone Quarries
- Picaninnie Ponds
- The World Hertiage Listed Naracoorte Caves
- The Sheeps Back Museum